Monday, March 5, 2012

Oddball Rynos and a Rhino

More card show pickups!  Lately I've been focused on completing team sets but I found a few Sandberg cards that I couldn't pass up.


I remember trading with a friend for this back in the early '90s and after we had traded they took it upon themselves to stand it up for the first time.  Needless to say, the trade was cancelled.





A few Denny's cards.  The only card I remember getting while eating at a Denny's was a Ruben Sierra.

And then, there's this:

Wow.  This surpasses the 1984 Fleer Jay Johnstone on the unintentional comedy scale.  And what's with the shoes?  You would think if they were going with the whole safari concept they wouldn't have stopped at the ankles.  Now, take a look at the back:


It's safe to assume this came out after the '89 season was complete but there's no trademark or logo of any kind.  Any help? 

No comments:

Post a Comment